Baby Showers for Men
Baby showers are not just for expecting mothers anymore. Baby showers for men are becoming more popular. These baby showers are referred to as a daddy showers or a dad-chelor party. Unlike baby showers for women, which usually involve gift-giving and cheesy games, baby showers for men involve things like beer drinking, story telling, poker games, barbecues and watching sports. Men are asked to bring the daddy-to-be a pack of diapers and baby wipes in lieu of gifts. Baby showers for men are a great way for the dad-to-be to celebrate the arrival of his new baby with his friends and the other men in the family. The daddy's brother, father or close friend usually plans the shower. A daddy shower can present some challenges if you are the host, so I've put together some ideas and suggestions for helping you throw a successful baby shower for men.
The baby shower is usually planned by the brother, father or best friend of the dad-to-be.
- Pick a location
- The location can be at a home, bowling alley, restaurant, sports bar or local pizza parlor.
- Set a date and time
- The shower is held before the birth of the baby. Usually about a 2 weeks-month before the baby's due date. Don't plan it too close to the due date because you'll be taking a chance of the shower being canceled if the baby arrives early.
- Choose a theme
- Bowling, bar crawl, poker night, BBQ party and camping are some suggested theme baby showers for men.
- Prepare a guest list
- The guest list includes the other men in the family, friends and close acquaintances of the dad-to-be.
- Mail invitations
- Invitations should be mailed about 2 weeks before the shower.
- Plan a menu
- Unless you're planning a BBQ you may want to keep the menu simple. Pizza, chicken wings and sandwiches are ideal for men baby showers.
- Plan games
- Games are optional but if you're going to plan them, play guy games like baby bottle beer chugging contest, chicken wing eating contest and betting pool (see the directions for this game below). Other games might include guessing what food is in the baby jar (remove the labels on the jar) and diaper changing race (use a doll), or outdoor games like Horseshoes and Croquet.
Here are a few suggestions for theme baby showers for men.
Keg Baby Shower - The beer is provided and the men are asked to bring a pack of diapers.
Pug Crawl Baby Shower - This theme shower involves the men going to several different bars in one night.
Poker Baby Shower - The men are asked to bring a pack of diapers, baby wipes or a toy in exchange for poker chips.
Casino Theme Baby Shower - You can go to a casino or set up a casino like atmosphere in your home.
Bowling Baby Shower - The men all go to the local bowling alley.
Camping Baby Shower - The men all go camping for one last weekend get together before the baby arrives.
BBQ Baby Shower - Throw some steaks on the grill, pass out some beers and enjoy some backyard types games.
Las Vegas Baby Shower - The men all head to Las Vegas for this dad-chelor theme baby shower.
Dads don't want a girl bag!
Add an interesting subtitle here!
Baby Shower for Men Idea
How the betting pool works:
Each man places a wager and a prediction for what the birth weight of the baby will be when born. The wager is up to you, whether it's $1, $5 or $10. The daddy-to-be writes the predictions on a piece of paper so he can refer back to it when the baby is born. The man who comes closest to the actual birth weight of the baby is the winner. Half the money from the wagers go to the new daddy, (for diapers), and the other half goes to the winner. Other wagers could be placed on the birth day and gender.
When doodie calls, daddy is prepared with this apron. This soil-resistant daddy diaper changing apron also includes a face mask, rubber gloves, clothespins, and disposable diaper.
This poker set seats up to 8 players, has built in cup holders and includes carrying case.
This is a fun gag gift for the daddy-to-be! It includes a mask, tongs, goggles and a poop poncho.