There's the classic white wedding, and then there's the redneck wedding. Everyone has been to a regular old wedding. There's the church ceremony, the exchanging of vows, the expensive dress, the limo rides, the pricey diamond ring, the $15,000 wedding reception, the bland food, the Macarena, the Electric Slide, Love Shack, Mambo #5, and YMCA.
Redneck weddings don't subscribe to this preconceived notion that weddings need to be white, they need to be typical, and you need to serve Chicken Cordon Bleu. They're different, and because of that, they've gained some steam. Ladymermaid wrote about redneck weddings in her Kindle Fire contest winning leaf, appropriately titled "Redneck Wedding," where she provides personal experience, photos, and videos all about it.
A Picture Perfect Redneck Wedding: The groom rides in on a four wheeler, the bride comes to the ceremony in a dump bucket from a front end loader.
Make your own cake - or just buy a sheet cake at the market. Why overspend this early in the marriage?
Where to stay - Should it be at the local hotel, motel, or with family? Nah, drive the camper on up and sleep right at the wedding after a night of partying.
Hats off to you, Ladymermaid, this leaf makes each and every one of us want to pull up a plastic chair, crack one open, and sing karaoke while eating black forest slab cake.
So why did we pick this leaf as the winner of the Kindle Fire contest, besides the fact that it's awesome?
Let's break it down.
1. It's original. No one else is writing about redneck weddings, and we love that.
2. It has a sense of humor. The writing style is part of what makes this leaf so fun to read. It flows from paragraph to paragraph just begging to be read in its entirety.
3. Original photos. Real photos, not found anywhere else, taken by the author.
4. It perfectly makes use of the different sections Zujava has to offer. YouTube, Featured Leaves, Amazon, and Text sections are all used to create one extraordinary experience for the reader.
5. The product suggestions make sense, and they're as unique as the content on the leaf.
6. All aspects of the topic are covered in full. The music, the food, the cake, everything has been thought of, making this a great all-in-one redneck weddings destination page. Readers will love this, and it makes it highly shareable on social sites.
Congratulations, Ladymermaid! We hope we see more leaves as incredible as this redneck wedding leaf in your future.