Sharing your leaves on social networking platforms is an easy step in the promotion process that can result in more traffic, social likes, and comments. To get into the habit of sharing your leaves socially, we're encouraging you to use the biggest social networking website, Facebook, as the basis of our next contest!
What's the Prize - and What's a Fitbit?
The winner of this contest will receive a free Fitbit Ultra, which tracks all of your exercise throughout the day, monitors your sleep, and can be uploaded wirelessly. It will help you track your weight, blood pressure, glucose, heart rate, and other key health indicators like caloric intake and burn. Consider this the ultimate reward for creating some buzz about your leaf on Facebook: improving, monitoring, and maintaining your health!
It's All About Being Social.
For this contest, we still want you to publish a great leaf. However, any new leaf published between July 15, 2012 and August 15, 2012, is eligible to enter the contest. Once you've published, post it on the Zujava Facebook page and get as many people to like or share your post from the Zujava Facebook page! The winner is the person who has had their post (which features their leaf) shared the most!
Our past contests have all been about publishing great content. In this contest, we still want you to create an incredible leaf, but we'll be determining the winner solely based on the number of shares and likes your leaf receives when you post it on the Zujava Facebook page.
The Criteria for the Contest:
1. Create your finest work yet and enter it into the contest. Remember, only one leaf per writer, so pick your best!
2. Write a quick few words about your leaf as an introduction and post the link on the Zujava Facebook page.
3. Encourage your friends, family, or anyone you know to like and/or share your leaf from the Zujava Facebook page.
4. The writer with the most likes AND shares on the Zujava Facebook page wins! Remember: They must like (and share, if they choose to do both) your link directly from the Zujava Facebook page in order to count towards the total. The total cumulative number of likes+shares wins.
NOTE: The number of likes your leaf receives directly on the leaf itself will not be counted.
Grand Prize: One lucky winner will each receive a brand new FitBit Ultra, shipped to the home address of the winner!
1st Prize: The first prize winner will receive a Zujava t-shirt, featuring our crazy toucan!
2nd and 3rd prize winners: Each will receive a Zujava bumper sticker or keychain - your choice!
Enter the contest by following the rules above.
Leaves entered in the contest must abide by these rules:
- Leaves must be published for the first time ever between July 15, 2012 - August 15, 2012.
- No glaring spelling errors or lots of incorrect grammar usage.
- The leaf must abide by our content policy. Petting Zu graduates only in this contest.
- The total shares and likes on the Zujava Facebook page will be tallied on August 15, 2012 at 11:59 PM EST.
- Open to residents in United States and Canada. If you do not live in the USA or Canada, you will receive the cash equivalent of the prize via PayPal.
- To keep things simple, limit the number of leaves you submit to the Zujava Facebook page to just one, and try to get as many shares + likes as possible to win.
The winner will be chosen on August, 15, 2012, and announced on August 16, 2012 on our blog. The winner will be determined by the number of likes and social shares received on the post they make on the Zujava Facebook page, per the rules above. The runner-up entries will be decided based on number of shares and likes on the Facebook page. We will contact the winner through the email address provided on upon account signup to Zujava. Winner must provide a physical home address (no P.O. boxes) to ship the prize. If the winner does not respond to the email within 7 days, the prize will be forfeited to the 1st place winner. If the 1st prize winner does not respond within 7 days, they will forfeit the prize to the 2nd place winner. Limit of one prize per person. This includes if the author has multiple accounts on Zujava. Family members of Zujava employees/owners are ineligible for this contest. FitBit are not sponsoring this contest, we just think it's a cool product to give away.
What if I don't use Facebook?
You don't have to necessarily be the type of person that shares things about their personal life on Facebook in order to win this contest. You won't even need to use your own real name. To share on Facebook using your Zujava username, create a page (fan page for your Zujava username/profile perhaps?) on Facebook, then use Facebook under that username when entering the contest.
How can I write a Facebook post that gets shared and liked more often?
Share the post with your friends, and invite them to the Zujava Facebook page so they can like your post. People will be more inclined to share or like a post that contains a link to a page that is genuinely helpful, entertaining, or interesting.
Be creative with your posts.
Being different, being helpful, funny, or something that sets you apart is more likely to be shared.
Share it with people in your niche.
Share it with family and friends, but also people within the niche that you are writing about. You can also try sharing the leaf with your fellow writers, who may be willing to like or share the post as well.
The objective of this contest is to become more in tune with sharing your leaves socially, and to see the results for yourself. Even if you don't win, you'll still see the benefit of higher traffic numbers, more social likes, and more people reading your leaf! Who knows, this could even result in higher sales numbers on your leaf.
Be sure to include a sentence or two as an introduction on the Facebook page, to familiarize people with your work.
Good luck to all that enter! We hope to see some great entries on the Facebook page. See you there!
Post any questions below.