Candy Corn Cupcakes
Candy corn is one of the most iconic Halloween candies. Most people associate candy corn with Halloween. That's why candy corn cupcakes make the perfect Halloween treat. These cupcakes aren't actually made with candy corn, and they don't taste like candy corn. They are called candy corn cupcakes because they are yellow, orange and white, just like candy corn. Candy corn is used to decorate the tops of the cupcakes. These are fantastic cupcakes to serve on Halloween night, at a Halloween party or on Thanksgiving.
The perfect cupcakes for Halloween!
What you need to make candy corn cupcakes:
- Box of white cake mix
- Paper baking cups liners
- Yellow and red food coloring
- Candy Corn (at least one candy corn per cupcake)
Directions for making candy corn cupcakes:
- Preheat the over according to the directions on the cake mix package.
- Line a muffin pan with the baking cups and set aside.
- Prepare the cake mix according to the directions on the package.
- Pour even amounts of the batter into 3 small bowls.
- In one of the bowls add a few drops of yellow food coloring and mix well.
- In another bowl add a few drops of yellow and red food coloring to turn the batter orange. Mix well.
- Fill the baking liners by alternating the 3 colors of cake mix. First add some yellow batter to each cupcake liner. Gently add some orange batter on top of the yellow batter. Top it off with the white batter. Don't over fill the baking cups.
- Bake the cupcakes according to the directions on the package.
- Remove the cupcakes and let cool.
- Frost with white frosting and decorate with candy corn.