Chick-fil-A Cow Appreciation Day
This page is dedicated to the celebrity known as the Chick-fil-A cow. Every July on Cow Appreciation Day, Chick-fil-A and its loyal customers pay homage to the wonderful black and white mascot whose motto is "Eat Mor Chikin." Customers come by the herds dressed as cows in order to get free Chick-fil-A food.
The cow first debuted in 1995 painting the words, "Eat Mor Chikin" on a billboard. Since then it's become a huge marketing success for Chick-fil-A and a loyal friend to many Chick-fil-A customers. The cow regularly makes appearances at birthday parties and other social events.
Whether this is your first time to participate in Cow Appreciation Day or whether you are actively involved every year, this page will help you get ready for July 13, 2012, as we once again celebrate America's favorite cow.
Chick-fil-A cow via C_K_L on flickr creative commons
Eat Mor Chikin
Dress up as a cow on Cow Appreciation Day and get free food! If you are dressed partially as a cow, meaning a portion of your body has something cow-like on it, you get a free entree'. However, if you go whole hog and dress as a cow from head to toe you get an entire meal free.
Not only that, but you can enter the Best Cow Contest for a chance to win some great prizes from Chick-fil-A.
or what people will do for free food
- Visit Chick-fil-A dressed as a cow and get free food. Duh!
- Be sure and take a picture of you and your herd so you can enter the best cow costume contest.
- Get your picture taken with the real Chick-fil-A cow.
- Order a Chick-fil-A milkshake and make a toast to the Chick-fil-A cow.
- Serenade the Chick-fil-A cow.
- Dance with the Chick-fil-A cow.
- Get an autograph from the Chick-fil-A cow.
- Write a poem in honor of Cow Appreciation Day.
- Write a fictional biography about the Chick-fil-A cow.
- Throw a Cow Appreciation Day party!
- Complete this Cow Appreciation Day unit study with your kids and impress everyone with your knowledge of cows.
- Read the Two Cows Analogy, a hilarious poke at politics of every kind.
Be the best dressed cow
Purchase a cow suit now and be ready for Cow Appreciation Day every year.
Cow Halloween costume
Don't forget to dress the kids like cows too so they can get free food.
How to make a homemade cow costume
- Use black sharpies, paint, or other markers to make black spots on white clothes.
- Add black spots to your face or body with face paint.
- In memory of departed Chick-fil-A cows, make a ghost cow. Cut eye and arm holes in a white sheet and paint or color black spots all over the sheet.
- Use black duct tape to put black spots on white clothes
- Wear a black and white polka-dotted dress or shirt.
- Paint your fingernails and toenails white with black dots.
- Wear a cow print bandanna or other cow print accessories (see below).
- Fill latex gloves with air and attach to your clothing as udders.
- Purchase a cow print snuggle wrap fleece blanket (shown in cow print accessories further down the page) and wrap up in it.
Tim Hawkins sings a hilarious song about Chick-fil-A
For the stylish cow
For the business cow
For cows with thin hides who need to keep warm
Move over Chick-fil-A cow. You're not the only famous cow in the pasture!
Mrs. O'Leary's cow- The cow originally charged with kicking over a lantern in Mrs. O'Leary's barn and starting the great Chicago fire of 1871. In 1997, this cow was finally exonerated, but by then her reputation was completely destroyed.
Elsie- This lovely lady is the cow on the Borden logo. She has acted in numerous commercials during her career. Elsie birthed four calves and holds several fictional honorary doctorate degrees. She was once named Queen of Dairyland.
Elmer the Bull- Elsie's strong and masculine husband. He is the face of the Elmer's glue logo.
Babe- Paul Bunyan's big, blue companion.
Ermintrude- Star of the children's program, Magic Roundabout.
Pedro and Herbert- Two cows who broke loose and round around the campus of Ohio State University in 2010. Watch the video below as Pedro and Herbert avoid capture by the police.
August 1, 2012 is the first ever Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day! If you appreciate Chick-fil-A then stop by that day for a meal. It's not free this time, but you will be showing your support of Chick-fil-A which has recently come under attack due to their stance on upholding biblical values. Make a day of it and have breakfast, lunch and supper at Chick-fil-A. The kids will love you for it!
Test your cow IQ.
Find answers to the quiz near the bottom of this page.
1. Holstein- The Chick-fil-A cow is a black and white spotted breed known as Holstein.
2. Bovine- Cows are not members of the horse, dog, or cat family. They belong to the bovines.
3. Milk- The Chick-fil-A cow is a dairy cow.
4. False- Cows have one stomach with four digestive parts.
5. Cow manure- Trust me, neither cows nor humans want to eat cow patties!
How did you do? Are you a cow expert or do you need to spend more time out in the pasture?
For more fun holidays, check out my Crazy Holidays board on Pinterest.