How To Bake Pumpkin Seeds
Don't throw away the seeds from your pumpkin. Separate them from the pumpkin pulp and bake them! With the seeds from your pumpkin you can create a sweet, spicy or salty treat that is delicious and nutritious. Pumpkin seeds are a good source of protein, iron, magnesium and potassium, so roast them to make a nutritional snack for the family or for a tasty Halloween treat. Here you will find one of the easiest recipes for baking pumpkin seeds.
What you need to make pumpkin seeds:
- Pumpkin seeds
- Paper towel or napkin
- Salt or other seasoning
- Lightly greased baking sheet
Directions for making pumpkin seeds:
- Remove the pulp and seeds from the pumpkin.
- Separate the seeds from the pulp. Discard the pulp.
- Rinse the seeds under water. Remove any remaining pulp.
- Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Lay in a single layer on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt or other seasoning.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until toasted. Stir after 10 minutes.
Pumpkin Seed Seasonings:
- For salty flavor, sprinkle the pumpkin seeds with salt.
- For spicy flavor, sprinkle the pumpkin seeds with chili powder.
- For sweet flavor, combine sugar, cinnamon, cumin and ginger and then sprinkle on the pumpkin seeds.
Serve your pumpkin seeds in one of these boo-tiful pumpkin platters from Amazon.
125 recipes pumpkin recipes ranging from appetizers and snacks to soups, salads, main courses, side dishes, and desserts.