A Darling Baby Shower Decoration that Doubles as a Great Gift
A Baby Shower Clothes Line decoration makes a wonderful addition to your party decorating but also is such a terrific gift to give the new Mom. She'll be well on her way to having all the clothes she needs for her new little baby when you make a Clothes Line for her baby shower.
A Baby Shower Clothes Line is quite simply a clothes line where brand new baby clothing items are hung by clothes pins and displayed as a decoration at the baby shower. Not only is it incredibly practical, but it makes such a cute and cheerful decoration with all the adorable prints and designs that are on the clothing items themselves.
It's such a great idea and sure to be so appreciated by the new mom-to-be!
The items you will need to construct a Baby Shower Clothes Line are:
- Baby clothing and accessories. This could include onesies, tops, bottoms, bibs, socks, or hats.
- A clothes line. You can use rope, twine, or even ribbon. Just be sure that the line you choose will be strong enough to support the weight of the items you will be hanging on it.
- Clothes pins. The kind you squeeze to open will work best for securing the items to the line. You can even find them in fun colors, although natural is nice too.
It's so easy!
- Determine the length of line you will need. Measure the distance of the area you plan to hang the clothes line and add a few extra feet for use in securing the line and to create a slight drape in the middle. Try to find a spot where you can create a good length to have a sufficient size line to hang items from. A good size for a baby shower decoration is about 10 to 12 feet. If it needs to be shorter or longer, consider creating more than one.
- Hang the clothesline in your space. Make sure the line is securely fastened where ever you choose to hang it. You don't want it falling down once the weight of the items are hung on it. If at all possible, tie it off and nail through the knot to the wall. If that's not possible, tie it securely to something immovable.
- Hang the baby items on the line with the clothespins.
- Include a laundry basket. Purchase a laundry basket and place near the clothes line to be used to carry all the "laundry" home after the party.
Just too cute!
These baby shower invitations all feature adorable clothes lines in their designs.
They are all easily customized and include white envelopes in the purchase price.
Click on any image to see more details, options and purchasing information
See more adorable Clothes Line Baby Shower Invitations for girls
See more terrific Clothes Line Baby Shower Invitations for boys
See more sweet Clothes Line Baby Shower Invitations that are neutral