How to Make a Balloon Arch
Balloon arches create excitement and make a statement. They add instant color and flair, and are an eye catching addition to any party or event. Balloon arches say, "The party is here." They can also draw attention, which is ideal for fundraisers, auctions and craft fairs. Balloon arches are becoming increasingly popular, especially for weddings because they cost less than large floral arrangements. You could order a pre-made balloon arch for your party but that would cost a few hundred to a few thousand dollars, or you could do it yourself for less than half the cost. Here you will find a tutorial and products for building your own eye-catching balloon arch.
Add an interesting subtitle here!
Add a pop of color and flair to your next party with a balloon arch! Balloon arches are great for birthday parties, weddings, corporate events, fundraisers and holiday parties.
What you need to make a balloon arch:
- Clean balloon decorating strip (product shown below)
- 2 pieces of curling ribbon or heavy string.
- Latex balloons (about 72 balloons)
- 2 weights or something else heavy enough to anchor your arch
- (Optional) Hi-Float balloon treatment. This will help to keep your balloons inflated up to 25 times longer
Instructions for building a balloon arch:
- Set up your anchors that will go on each side of the arch to keep it in place so it won't float away.
- Tie a piece of curling ribbon to each side of the anchor and then tie that to the balloon decorating strip. Your strip should be about 12 feet long. If you want to make a smaller arch, use less of the balloon decorating strip.
- Make a cluster of 4 balloons. To do so, blow up 4 balloon with helium and then tie the 4 balloons together (see video below for making a balloon cluster).
- Slip one of the ends of your balloon cluster and slip it into the hole on the balloon decorating strip. Be sure to pull it all the way through the hole.
- Repeat step 4 and add the balloon clusters to every other hole on the decorating strip.
Ultra Hi-Float Balloon Treatment is a liquid plastic solution that coats the inside of your balloons and holds in helium longer. It will help to keep your balloons inflated up to 25 times longer! This product is also great for making double balloons (a balloon inside another balloon). See the video instructions below.
You can't make a balloon arch without balloons! These latex balloons are suitable for helium.
Take the stress out of having to transport your balloons. After paying a store to fill 50 balloons, and the huge hassle of trying to transport them back to our party location, I've come to realize that it is much easier, and less expensive, to purchase a helium tank and fill the balloons right at the party location.
The Balloon Time Disposable Helium Tank features an easy to use nozzle and handles for easy transport. The number of balloons this tank will fill depends on the size of your balloons. It will fill approximately 50 9" latex balloons, 27 11" latex balloons or 27 18" foil balloons. Balloons sold separately.
Balloon decorating strip is easy to use, reduces decorating time and works with any size balloons. Can be used with balloons filled with helium or air. Up to 12 balloons per foot will fit securely in the holes on the strip.
Just add your own balloons to this star frame to create an eye-catching balloon arch.
This kit contains everything you need to make a beautiful heart shaped balloon sculpture. It's perfect for an engagement party, bachelorette party, wedding or anniversary party.
Includes metal heart frame and 180 pearl white latex balloons. Instructions are also included.