Preparing to go back to school can be expensive. Buying book covers should not be one of your expenses because it is so easy to make your own book covers for no cost at all. It takes less than 5 minutes to make a book cover and it doesn't require any tools or extra supplies. You can make your own book covers out of paper bags, construction paper, bubble wrap, wrapping paper and other recyclable materials that you probably already have in your home. Once you cover your book you can decorate it by doodling on the front or adding stickers. Here are easy instructions for making your own book cover.
There is no need to spend money on book covers when you probably already have some things around the house that you can recycle and use for book covers.
Things you can use to make a book cover:
- Brown paper bag
- Gift bag
- Bubble wrap
- Wrapping paper
- Construction paper
- Duct tape - You don't want to get tape on the book so you'll want to cover the book with a brown paper bag and then cover the bag with duct tape. There are a lot of different colors of duct tape available on Amazon, including animal prints and bright neon colors.
How to make a book cover:
- Open your book to the middle and set it on top of your material.
- Fold in the top and bottom part of the material so the it fits up against the top and bottom part of the book without any extra material hanging over.
- Fold in the sides of the material to cover about 2 inches of the inside of the front and back cover of the book. Now you've just created side pockets.
- Slip the front and back covers into the side pockets of the material.
*See photos and video below.
Things you can use to decorate your book cover:
- Colored pencils
6 stretchable book covers. They are machine washable too! These durable book covers fit all sizes of textbooks.
Making a book cover is easy.... and there are so many things you can use to make them. Be creative and make a book cover that shows off your own unique style.
This officially licensed MLB book covers fit books up to 8" x 10. It's washable too!