How To Make A Pumpkin Cooler
At your next Halloween party ditch the ice chests and chill your drinks in a homemade pumpkin cooler. Pumpkin coolers are a frightfully fun way to chill drinks, and they make boo-tiful table centerpieces too. These spooktacular pumpkin coolers are easy to make. All you need is a pumpkin, plastic bag, ice and a few drinks to chill. You will also need something to scrap the pulp and seeds out of the pumpkin. If you want to take it one step further, you can decorate the pumpkin with markers, paint or stickers. Here is an easy tutorial for making a pumpkin cooler.
Turn a pumpkin into a frightfully cool cooler for your Halloween party!
What you need to make a pumpkin cooler:
- Large pumpkin
- Plastic bag
Instructions for making a pumpkin cooler:
- Cut the lid off your pumpkin. Make the cut wide so you will have plenty of room for the drinks to fit inside.
- Remove the pulp and seeds from inside the pumpkin.
- Line the inside of the pumpkin with a plastic bag. This will hold the water when the ice melts.
- Fill with ice. Leave room for your drinks to fit.
- Add bottle or can drinks.
- Add a little more ice.
This inflatable pumpkin can chill approximately 48 cans.
You can discard the seeds from the pumpkin or you can turn them into a tasty party treat that you can display in bowls next to your pumpkin coolers. Pumpkin seeds are easy to bake and they're nutritional too.
How to bake pumpkin seeds:
- Separate the seeds from the pumpkin pulp.
- Rinse the seeds under water.
- Pat the seeds dry with a paper towel or let them dry over night.
- Place the seeds in a single layer on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt or other seasonings.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until toasted.
Pumpkin kits have everything you need to carve a spooktacular Halloween masterpiece. Pumpkin carving kits are convenient and safer than using sharp knives to carve your pumpkin.