How to Make a Pumpkin Latte
Spice up your holidays with a warm homemade pumpkin latte. Pumpkin lattes combine the aromas and ingredients of fall. This comfort drink is sure to keep you warm and relaxed during the holidays. It's the perfect autumn drink for pumpkin and coffee lovers. This is a great drink to serve your holiday house guests or at a holiday party. I love to drink pumpkin lattes while curled up under a pile of blankets reading my favorite book.
Jump into fall and spice up your holiday with pumpkin lattes! I use to spend a small fortune buying Starbucks seasonal pumpkin lattes....but now I can make them at home. I save money and can enjoy a pumpkin latte anytime I want. So delicious!
Pumpkin lattes are perfect for serving with desserts on Thanksgiving or with some pumpkin cookies on Christmas eve.
What you need to make a pumpkin latte:
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1/2 cup strong coffee
- Whipped Cream for topping
- (Optional) Nutmeg, cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice for garnish
- (Optional) Cinnamon stick
Directions for making a pumpkin latte:
- Combine the milk, pumpkin and sugar together in a medium saucepan. Stir over medium heat until the mixture starts to steam. Stir constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and pumpkin spice.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender and blend on high to create froth. If you don't have a blender, whisk it in a bowl.
- Pour into two large mugs and then fill the mugs up with coffee.
- Top with whipped cream.
- (Optional) Sprinkle nutmeg, cinnamon OR pumpkin pie spice on top of the whipped cream.
- (Optional) Add a cinnamon stick.
Just add hot water and stir. Top with whipped cream and garnish with a cinnamon stick for a real treat.