Monster Jam Cupcakes
My son had a Monster Jam themed party for his 7th birthday.
For his party cupcakes, I made paper cupcake toppers as well as a unique Monster Jam Stadium cupcake stand to display the cupcakes during his birthday party. The cupcakes and stand were a big hit at the party and now that the party is over, my son uses the cupcake display to play with his monster trucks. He pretends it is a Monster Jam stadium.
This page will feature step-by-step instructions as well as all of the supplies needed to create the Monster Jam cupcakes and cupcake display for your party.
Decorating your child's bedroom? My Monster Jam room decor page has a large selection of bedding sets, comforters, wall clocks, wall decals, personalized room signs, fan pulls and more.
I make paper cupcake toppers for many of my kid's birthday parties. They are so simple to make and they look so nice on the finished cupcakes. They are also a great decoration when the cupcake supplies for a particular party theme are limited. This was the case for Monster Jam.
Below are the steps to create these Monster Jam cupcake toppers. Keep in mind these basic instructions can be used to create paper cupcake toppers for any party theme.
Supplies needed: Computer and Internet for images, photo paper, cardstock, patterned paper, toothpicks, assorted paper punches, glue and tape.
- Find images of Monster Trucks on the Internet that you want to use for your toppers
- Copy them into a word document and play around with the size until you get a size small enough for your cupcake toppers
- Print the images out onto 8 1/2" x 11" photo paper
- Punch out the images using a circle paper punch (I used a 1 3/8" paper punch)
- Punch out cardstock using a slightly larger paper punch (I used a 1 1/2" paper punch) in colors to match your images and party theme ~ I used orange, green and blue
- Glue the Monster Jam images to the colored cardstock
- Punch checkered flag patterned paper using a 2" scalloped paper punch ~ two punches per topper
- Glue the two checkered flag punches together ~ this is so you have a double-sided topper which I thinks looks nicer
- Place a toothpick on the checkered flag punch leaving enough stick to insert into your cupcakes and attach with a small piece of tape
- Glue the Monster Jam image onto the checkered flag punch over the toothpick
I assembled the cupcake toppers a few days in advance and on the day of the party inserted them into the decorated cupcakes. Please visit my Cupcake Topper page for more information on making these unique cupcake decorations.
Checkered flag cupcake wraps for your Monster Jam cupcakes
Cupcake wraps are the latest trend in cupcake decorating. Unlike traditional cupcake liners, cupcake wraps keep their bright color and shape since they are attached after the cupcakes are baked.
I purchased the checkered flag cupcake wraps from Etsy seller Olivia's Paper Shoppe. They were perfect! I simply baked the cupcakes in plain cupcake liners. After the cupcakes cooled, I decorated them with chocolate frosting to give the look of mud or dirt from the Monster Jam arena.
Then, I wrapped the checkered flag wraps around my finished cupcakes and inserted my paper cupcake toppers.
These reversible cupcake wrappers feature one side with a checkered flag design. They would also work well for your Monster Jam cupcakes.
This method can be used to create a cupcake display for any party theme!
The Monster Jam cake display was created to look like an actual stadium.
Supplies Needed: Computer and Internet for Images, (3) 9" x 13" Cake Boards, Patterned Paper, Cardstock, Checkered Flag Duct Tape and Monster Jam Decal Stickers.
Back Board of Stadium: The back board was created using one 9" x 13" cake board. I covered the board with black cardstock. I printed out the text "Happy 7th Birthday Kyle" and the Monster Jam logo onto photo paper. I then glued on the text, logo and my son's birthday invitation to the board and accented it with checkered flag paper.
Floor of the Stadium: The floor of the stadium was created using one 9" x 13" cake board. I covered the board with dirt patterned paper.
Sides of the Stadium: The sides of the stadium were cut out of one 9" x 13" cake board. I covered the board with black cardstock and then attached the Monster Jam sponsor decals.
I covered the outside of the back and sides of the stadium with checkered flag duct tape. Once all of the pieces were finished, I hot glued the stadium together.
To cover your Monster Jam cupcake display
To create your Monster Jam cupcake display
Use these official Monster Jam decals to embellish your cupcake display
The Monster Jam party supplies available include:
- Party Plates and Cups
- Party Cups, Napkins & Tablecover
- Party Favor Boxes
- Personalized Birthday Banner
- Monster Jam Grave Digger Pinata
- Monster Jam Stand In / Photo Op
- Party Placemats
- Removable Wall Decals
Another cool Monster Jam party supply design.
I hoped you enjoyed my Monster Jam cupcake and cupcake display tutorial. If you give it a try, I would love to hear all about it!