Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
If you have cookie monsters in your home then you need to check out my oatmeal cookie recipe. Crispy oatmeal, with a hint of walnuts, and the sweet gooey texture of coconut all baked into one scrumptious snack.
They are the cookies from heaven but there is so much more goodness to these oatmeal cookies than just being tasty. They are also pretty darn good for you.
Oatmeal is delicious, nutritious, and has the amazing ability to reduce high cholesterol. Oatmeal is soluble fiber that absorbs cholesterol and safely flushes it out of the body. But there is more to these cookies then just being oatmeal rich. These cookies have walnuts in them too and walnuts are rich in omega 3 fats.
If your family craves cookies then my oatmeal cookies just may be the ones that you want to bake up for them. These cookies are filled with a lot of good old fashioned love. Photos on this article are my own.
This is quite a large batch so no need to double the recipe.
2 cups zero trans-fats non-hydrogenated margarine
1 cup white sugar
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
4 cups rolled oats
4 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup coconut
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
It is the only cookie cook book you are going to need. Yummy delicious cookies of every size, shape, and ingredient.
Simple additions and deletions can make your baked goods so very much healthier.
1. Use only trans fat free margarine or oil. Trans fats are those nasty fats that clog up your arteries. Read the list of ingredients on the products that you purchase.
2. Reduce your fat further by using 1 percent milk instead of whole milk.
3. The sugar in most recipes can be cut by up to half without affecting the texture of the baking. Don't be afraid to experiment.
4. Add fruit, nuts, and berries into your dessert recipes or as replacement for more sugary options.
5. Try to bake more recipes which contain oatmeal. Oatmeal is a heart healthy option.
Low Cholesterol Eggless Homemade Lemon Pie With Oatmeal Crust
A low cholesterol - no egg - homemade lemon pie that tastes great? You bet and it is easier to make than you might think it would be. I wanted to make a...
Shortbread Cookie Recipe
This holiday shortbread cookie recipe is unique from other recipes in that the dough does not need to be refrigerated during the preparation process. Which...
Hermit Cookie Recipe
Hermit cookies are soft as cake, yet still munchy crunchy delicious, and the perfect recipe addition to your holiday baking. Hermits are absolutely scrumptious...
Apple Crumb Cake Recipe
Apples can be crisp, tarty, or sweet, and they taste like a tiny drop of pure heaven when they are baked up into a tasty apple crumb cake dessert treat. One...